Usually, when we come across a history article or story, it’s just dry facts and your imagination. However, a photo gives us something different – it shows us how something actually looked, letting us get a more intimate understanding of a historical moment. Below you’ll find a collection of intriguing historical photographs.
1. Michelin man style boxing, 1917.
2. An early female body builder, 1890s.
3. A boy tries to hide from an angry rooster.
4. A picture of the Boogeyman used to scare kids, 1922.
5. A man with a rare disease that makes his skin super stretchy, 1904.
6. A woman inside an electric bath, or early sunbed, 1900.
7. Riding skate coasters down a street in San Francisco, California, 1952.
8. Heavily polluted smog clouds a bridge in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1952.
9. Moving a house in San Francisco, California, 1919.
10. An experimental one-man machine gun tank in England, 1934.
11. Some women wearing weird headgear at Venice Beach, California, 1933.
12. Doing some tricks on a zebra for an event known as the Zebra Olympics, Tunisia, 1928.
13. These ladies play with toys while the men try to fix the car, England, 1908.
14. A patrol wagon with confiscated moonshine and the wrecked car of the bootleggers, Washington, 1922.