When we want to look younger and eliminate the natural signs of aging of the body, the face is one of the first places where it is recommended to start. But just before you look at the prices of the various commercial cosmetic products on the market, you should learn about a common face massage technique from China, which has also made its way to the West. It may sound a little strange at first, but the women of China use it regularly and to do the same all you need is two regular spoons from your kitchen drawer. Follow the instructions below and provide your face with an effective, simple and almost cost-free treatment!
For years, facial massage techniques have been recognized as effective methods of reducing and preventing early signs of aging, manifested in the appearance of dark circles, concaved eyes and loss of elasticity of the skin. In a trend that began to break out in recent years, The Chinese spoons massage has joined the ranks of other known and common facial massage methods. The treatment is based on facial massage done by pulling two Chinese spoons along the skin and applying pressure on various key points. At first, the technique spread only across Asia, but today people from all over the world can be found practicing it using regular kitchen spoons, which is evidence of the effectiveness and benefits of applying moderate pressure to the skin.
As a general rule, facial massage is commonly attributed to a wide range of benefits that preserve and promote the health of the skin. First, the pulling movements help increase blood flow to the facial skin tissue, giving the skin a radiant, healthier look. In addition, applying moderate pressure to various points in the face helps to remove excess fluids and infections that accumulate in the tissue and aids in accelerating the absorption of natural nutrients in the skin.
Another excellent advantage is the ability of the facial massage to elasticize the skin, which helps prevent and reduce wrinkles. All these advantages can also be attributed to the Chinese spoon massage, however, this technique is also very attractive to many because of the relative ease of doing it to oneself in the comfort of one’s home, with little investment of both time and money.
The Chinese spoon massage is easy to perform and usually doesn’t require more than 10 minutes a day. Many suggest that the earliest results of the massage should occur after about ten days, but this depends on the type of skin and its state of health.
1. The treatment is recommended to perform before bedtime after carefully cleaning the face of makeup and dirt that has accumulated throughout the day.
2. Sterilize the 2 spoons with alcohol and set them in a glass of water with ice for about 10 minutes.
3. Then, close your eyes and place the cooled spoons on the upper eyelid area for approximately 15 seconds.
4. Cool the 2 spoons in the water cup for about 15 seconds and repeat this action 5 more times and then 6 times more on the lower eyelid area as a treatment for swollen eyes and dark circles.
5. When you finish the first part, place the spoons in a cup of olive oil at room temperature or alternatively slightly warmed. If you decide to heat up the oil a bit, prevent burns and other risks by making sure it isn’t too hot.
6. Now treat the rest of the face. Move the backs of the spoons along the nose and from the nasal area to the cheeks, in circular movements from the chin and sides of the lips along the cheeks, from the center of the eyebrows along the forehead, around the eye sockets and from the base of the neck to the chin.
7. Repeat each movement between 5 and 10 times, keeping the spoons lubricated to maximize the effectiveness of the pull movements and prevent superficial injuries to the skin.
8. After treatment, wait 5 minutes for the olive oil to be absorbed into the skin, and then wash your face with warm water.