• 1 12oz box vanilla wafers
• 1 20oz can crushed pineapple, drained
• 1 cup whipping cream
• 1 heaped cup sugar
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1 stick butter, melted
1. Crush the wafers into small pieces. This can be done by placing the cookies in a ziplock bag, sealing it, then hitting it lightly with a rolling pin. Keep half a cup of the wafer pieces for later use, and mold the remaining wafer pieces into the bottom of a baking dish.
2. Beat together the sugar, eggs, and melted butter until well mixed. Then pour this mixture over the top of your crushed wafers in the baking pan.
3. Now, add the crushed pineapple. You’ll want to make sure that the pineapple has been drained thoroughly before adding it – the slightest bit of extra moisture will make the dessert soggy. Spread the crushed pineapple in an even layer.
4. Whip your cream until it forms a stiff peak, then spread over the pineapple layer.
5. Sprinkle the reserved wafers over the top of the whipped cream layer.
6. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes, then serve and enjoy.