If you struggle with eczema, your best bet for improving your symptoms is to make healthy changes to your lifestyle. Staying hydrated, eating whole foods, exercising regularly, and getting a good night’s sleep each night are all fantastic ways to help you avoid eczema flare-ups.
While these lifestyle changes can help improve your eczema over time, they don’t help much in the short term. Thankfully, this is where this post comes in. Here we’ll show you how to make a simple and natural cream that will help soothe your itchy and inflamed skin.
Homemade Eczema Cream
• ½ cup coconut oil
• ¼ cup shea butter
• ¼ cup oats
• 2 teaspoons vitamin E oil
• 20 drops lavender essential oil
1. Grind the oats in a blender, food processor or spice grinder.
2. Place the coconut oil and shea butter in a mason jar or glass bowl. Place the bowl or jar into a pan of gently simmering water, and wait until the oil and butter have melted completely.
3. Remove from the heat and add the powdered oats. Stir well.
4. Pour the vitamin E oil and lavender essential oil into the mixture, and stir again.
5. Once all the ingredients are well incorporated, pour the mixture into a small container or tin. Leave it on the kitchen counter to solidify, or let it set in your fridge.