Peach Cobbler (10 Servings)
• ½ cup unsalted butter
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 cups sugar, divided
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• Pinch of salt
• 1 cup milk
• 4 cups fresh peach slices
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375F/190C.
2. Melt the butter in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
3. Whisk together the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and milk, stirring just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Pour this batter over the melted butter in the tray, but do not stir.
4. Bring the remaining cup of sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to the boil over a high heat, stirring constantly. Pour over the batter and do not stir. Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg, if desired.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cool.