Banana Bread (8-10 Servings)
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• ¾ cups of sugar
• ¾ teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 3 bananas, very ripe
• ¼ cup sour cream
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 2 eggs
• 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350F/170C. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda.
3. In a medium bowl, mash the bananas using a fork. Stir in the sour cream, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. Add these wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix until blended.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
5. For a glossier finish, spread some butter over the top of the loaf while it’s still warm. Allow to cool for about 15-20 minutes before serving.