Today's modern society means that life has become all the more hectic, and as a result, people often lack a good night's sleep. But this lack of sleep can cause a number of health issues. Each night we should aim to get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night, enabling us to function properly throughout the day. While most people try a number of remedies to promote better sleep, what many seem to forget is how essential oils can be used to help you get your 8 hours of sleep every night.
Essential oils have been found to be incredibly beneficial to the body. Here is a 3-ingredient foot spray that you can use at bedtime, ensuring a restful night's sleep.
The pores on our feet are larger than anywhere else on the body making it an effective place to rub in oils, absorbing all of their benefits. The feet also contain a number of points which are directly linked to different parts of the body, including the organs. The stimulation of these points has been found to have a positive effect on our health and overall well-being.
Preparing the remedy
Combining these three essential oils together will vastly improve your sleep.
• 10 drops of lavender essential oil
• 10 drops of chamomile essential oil
• 4 ounces of magnesium oil
• Pour the ingredients into a spray bottle, shaking gently.
• This mix should supply you with anywhere between 24 to 48 applications, depending on how much you use each time.
• Magnesium oil: This oil is best known for its ability to promote efficient sleep. It also acts as an amazing antidote to stress and has been called the most relaxing mineral in the body. It promotes relaxation which in turn increases your chances of getting a good night's sleep.
• Lavender oil: You can also add a few drops on your pillowcase or keep a potted lavender plant in your room. Simply smelling the plant is enough to help you relax.
• Chamomile oil: Aside from its well-known benefit of promoting sleep, chamomile calms nervousness and keeps the nervous system in a state of good health and proper functioning.