Chicken recipes are always a family favorite. This versatile ingredient can be cooked and prepared in a number of ways. From easy casserole dishes, to one-pot pasta recipes, if you are looking for a new way to spice up your midweek dinners, take your pick from the selection of recipes below. Bon Apétite!
1. One Pan Salsa Chicken Casserole
An easy and tasty casserole you can whip up in minutes. Just add chicken, salsa, corn, rice and spices to a dish and bake.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
• 1 cup uncooked basmati rice, rinsed
• 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
• 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 16-ounce jar salsa
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 1½ teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
• 1 teaspoon oregano
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• 2 large chicken breasts (about 1-1/2 pounds), thawed
• 1 cup shredded cheese blend
• 2 green onions, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 375°Fahrenheit. Add the rice, black beans, corn, salsa, chicken broth, chili powder and oregano to an 8x8 inch baking dish. Stir the ingredients to combine.
2. Cut the chicken breast into three pieces and add into the mix. Submerge the chicken into the liquid as far as possible.
3. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 1 hour. The rice should be tender and the liquid absorbed. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cheese. Then return to the oven and bake until the cheese has melted. Top with green onions and serve.
This hearty recipe is topped with cream, cheese and bacon - make this lovely recipe your new dinner to go. Dig in!
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
• 1 pound cooked chicken breast, cut into slices
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• ⅔ cup heavy cream
• ⅔ cup milk
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella
• ¼ cup grated Parmesan
• 4 cups cooked fettuccine
• 2 cups steamed broccoli florets
• 6 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the minced garlic. Sauté for 1 minute and add the cream and milk.
2. Bring to a boil and add the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Stir until both have melted.
3. Turn the heat off and mix the cooked pasta. Add the cooked chicken slices, steamed broccoli and cooked bacon to the pasta mix, folding everything together, and serve.
3. Honey Dijon Chicken
This dish, consisting of chicken, potatoes and broccoli marinated and drizzled with a delicious honey dijon glaze, is easy to throw together on a busy weeknight.
• 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 3 tablespoons honey
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
• ½ teaspoon Kosher salt, plus more to taste
• ¼ teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
• 16 ounces baby red potatoes, halved
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts,5-6 oz each, pounded to even thickness if necessary so that they cook evenly
• 20 ounces broccoli florets
1. For the marinade, mix 1 tablespoon olive oil with honey, Dijon mustard, garlic, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Put aside half the sauce for later and use half to marinate the chicken for one hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F and toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch of salt. Place on a foil-lined pan and lay the chicken breast on top. Add the broccoli and drizzle the remaining sauce.
3. Bake for 35 minutes until the chicken has cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
4. Loaded Chicken and Potatoes
This easy-to-prepare chicken recipe makes for a warm and hearty weeknight dinner recipe.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
• 1 lb. boneless chicken breast, cubed 1”
• 8 medium red potatoes, diced ½”
• 1/4 Cup olive oil
• 2 tsp. kosher salt
• 1-½ tsp. ground black pepper
• 1 tbs. paprika
• 2 tbs. garlic powder
• 3 tbs. hot sauce (chalula)
• 2 Cups Cheddar cheese blend, shredded
• ½ lb bacon, diced
• ½ Cup green onion, chopped
• Sour cream
• Tomatoes, diced
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Meanwhile, combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and hot sauce in a large bowl. Add the potatoes and chicken, stirring to coat the mixture evenly. Then, place the potatoes and chicken in a baking dish, baking for 45 to 55 minutes. They should be cooked through and the potatoes should be brown and crispy on the outside.
2. Sauté the diced bacon in a small pan until crispy and brown. Remove from the pan and place on a paper towel-lined plate, then reserve for later.
3. Once the potatoes and chicken are done, remove from the oven and top with cheese, bacon and green onion. Return the dish to the oven and cook for an additional 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Serve with some diced tomatoes and a dollop of sour cream.
5. One Pot Chicken Alfredo
A quick, one-pot weeknight dinner your family will love.
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
• Salt and pepper
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1/2 pound penne pasta or any bite-sized shape pasta, uncooked
• 12 ounces broccoli florets
• 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and add it to the pot. Cook the chicken until golden brown on both sides.
2. Add the garlic, cooking for one minute, then pour the chicken broth and cream. Add the pasta to the mix and bring to a boil. Put the lid on, turn the heat down and let the pasta mix cook for a further 10 minutes.
3. Add the broccoli and simmer for a further 5 minutes, or until the pasta, chicken and broccoli are cooked through.
6. One Pan Balsamic Chicken
An easy, healthy and delicious chicken recipe that will not disappoint.
• 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
• 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
• 2 tbsp. honey
• 1 1/4 lbs chicken breast tenderloins
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• ½ tsp Kosher salt and a pinch freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed of tough ends, chopped into 2-inch pieces
• 8 oz sliced mushrooms
• 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1. Mix the balsamic vinegar and honey together in a measuring cup.
2. Then, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and sauté the mushrooms for 4 minutes until they appear to have browned. Add the green beans and cook for a further 4 minutes. The beans should be crisp and tender.
3. Remove the vegetables from the pan and add the remaining oil and chicken tenders. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and let chicken brown on each side. Then, remove the chicken from the pan and add the sauce, stirring for a couple of minutes until it has thickened into a glaze consistency.
4. Add the chicken, green beans, mushrooms, and the tomatoes back into the pan . Stir to coat all ingredients evenly.