Many of us may have used turmeric in cooking, or even as a natural remedy for several ailments. As a spice, it is greatly notable for its strong anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties, and for its ability to kill bacteria and boost the body's immune system. It's no surprise that it's so widely sought after, given all these benefits. However, did you know that mixing it with just one other natural ingredient can turn it into something even more potent?
Of all the natural antibiotics nature has to offer, golden honey has been found to be one of the strongest ones ever known. It is a simple combination of turmeric and another one of the world's most precious natural products, honey, which, like turmeric, offers a host of outstanding health benefits. When combined, these two ingredients can make a powerful natural remedy, which acts as a medicine for colds in particular, with benefits that may outweigh those of the synthetic antibiotics you're accustomed to.
Unlike other medicines, golden honey has no negative effects on the intestinal tract. But, rather, it improves digestion and increases the activity of beneficial flora in the gut, while also acting as a wonderful healer in the following cases:
• colds and flu
• respiratory diseases
• weight problems
• arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
So, when you feel like you're coming down with a nasty cold, golden honey is the first thing you should reach out for. Here are the directions of how to make it:
• 3.5 oz. (100 grams) of raw organic honey
• 1 tbsp. of turmeric powder
Combine the turmeric and honey, mix well, and place in a glass container.
To fight cold and flu symptoms:
• Day 1 – Take ½ tsp. every hour during the day.
• Day 2 – Take ½ tsp. every two hours during the day.
• Day 3 – Take ½ tsp. three times a day.
To fight respiratory diseases:
• Take ½ tsp. three times a day during the week.
How to take it
When ingested, the mixture should be kept in the mouth until completely dissolved. You may even add golden honey to milk or tea if desired.
Other important things you need to know
• Golden honey may have adverse effects on some individuals. Consult your doctor before using the remedy if you are under treatment, taking medication or are suffering from severe health problems.
• Be careful in cases of hemophilia and hypertension, as turmeric thins the blood and lowers blood pressure.
• Turmeric could decrease blood sugar levels, so talk to your doctor about it if you are diabetic.
WATCH: Turmeric Golden Honey