Impress your friends and family with this absolutely beautiful dessert. This raspberry cream pie is incredibly delicious thanks to its buttery graham cracker crust, creamy cream cheese center, and luscious raspberry topping. In fact, it's so good that you won't be able stop at just one piece.
This is the perfect dessert for birthdays, holidays, and family gatherings. If you want/need to cut down on the prep time, you can use pre-made pie crusts. And, to make it all year round, you can use frozen raspberries instead of fresh ones. Let's get baking!
• 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
• 1/3 cup sugar
• 6 tablespoons butter, melted
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1 (6 ounce) package frozen raspberries OR 1 heaped cup fresh raspberries
• 1 1/2 teaspoons water
• 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• Pinch of salt
Cream Cheese Filling
• 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• Pinch of salt
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 3 cups frozen whipped topping (cool whip) thawed
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter, and press into a deep-dish 9-inch pie plate. Bake the crust for 6 minutes. Remove from the oven, and set aside.
2. Pour 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1/4 cup granulated sugar into a medium saucepan. Stir to combine. Add the frozen raspberries OR 1 cup of fresh berries. Pour in the water and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
3. Over a medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Let it boil for a couple of minutes, or until the desired consistency is reached.
4. Remove from the heat, then add 1 tablespoon butter, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Let the butter melt for just a bit, and then mix it in well. Remove from the heat and let it cool completely.
5. Place softened cream cheese into a medium mixing bowl. Beat it until smooth. Add 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Mix well for about 2 minutes.
6. Add 1/2 cup sour cream and 3 cups of cool whip. Mix until well combined and smooth - about 2 minutes.
7. Pour this filling onto the cooled graham cracker crust. You may have a bit leftover, depending on how deep your pie crust is.
8. Once the raspberry topping has cooled, pour it over the cream cheese filling.
9. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill and set before serving.