Banana Pancakes (Makes 8)
• 4 3/4 oz of self-raising flour
• 1 1/4 oz of castor sugar
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 egg
• 4 1/2 fl oz of milk
• 1 1/4 oz of butter, melted
• 2 bananas, roughly mashed
• 1 pinch of salt
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, milk, melted butter and bananas.
3. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. Add a tablespoon of oil to a non-stick frying pan and place over medium heat.
5. Using a ladle, pour a little bit of the mixture into the pan. You should be able to fit 3 at a time depending on the size of the pan that you're using.
6. Cook until bubbles start to form in the pancakes and the undersides are a lovely golden brown.
7. Carefully flip the pancakes and cook until browned well on both sides.
8. Serve right away with your choice of fruit, honey or cream.