In the field of Chinese medicine, a juice that contains apple, beet, and carrot has, for centuries, been regarded as a "miracle drink", due to the wealth of benefits it provides for both mind and body. The wonderful effects of this drink and the simplicity of these common ingredients have made it a very popular remedy in many countries around the world.
To prepare this drink you just extract the juice from each of the ingredients and mix it together. The vegetables and fruits should be fresh and the juice must be consumed immediately. Generally, the best time for drinking it is in the morning on an empty stomach.
The compounds in each of the juice's ingredients make it an extremely nutritious drink:
• Apples - This fruit is packed with beneficial antioxidants for the body as well as vitamins such as A, B1, B2, B6, C, E, and K. Apples also contain plenty of other nutrients, such as folic acid, zinc, magnesium, fiber, calcium, and iron.
• Carrots - Carrots are known to be an excellent source of vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, C, E, and K. In addition, the carrot has huge amounts of niacin and pantothenic acid in it, which support the buildup of minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, and selenium.
• Beets - Beets contribute to cardiovascular health and provide nutrients such as vitamin A, C, B, iron, copper, magnesium, potassium, and other anti-aging compounds.
The combination of these three powerful ingredients provide the nutrients needed to maintain a healthy body throughout the day, promote good health and prevent a variety of diseases.
1. It's believed that the antioxidant compounds of this juice can help prevent cancers and restrict the growth of cancer cells, protecting them from the harm of free radicals. By doing this, they are preventing accumulative damage to the cells that may eventually evolve into cancerous formations.
2. This juice is known to contribute to the health of different body organs such as the liver, kidneys, and pancreas, and prevent the onset of disease. It does this by purifying your body from toxins, thereby making the organs' jobs easier so there's less strain on them to perform. When organs like the liver don't have to work so hard, they stay healthy - and so do you.
3. The beta-carotene and lutein present in carrots, coupled with the powerful properties of beets, help promote cardiovascular health. Furthermore, the properties of the apple help reduce cholesterol and keep blood pressure stable - two conditions that can potentially lead to heart problems. Combined, this juice is one of the best things you can do for your heart.
4. In Chinese medicine, this drink is associated with many skin health benefits. Regular consumption helps remove pimples and blackheads, moisturizes your skin, combats dryness, improves the appearance of wrinkles, and revitalizes old tissues.
5. Many people have testified that this juice provides excellent support to the functioning of the digestive system, especially for people who suffer from ulcers, intestinal problems, and chronic constipation. Drink it several times a day for regular bowel movements.
6. The juice provides all the nutrients needed to maintain good cognitive functions, enhance memory, and promote concentration. In the long run, the ingredients in this juice may even help prevent the onset of some of the neurological diseases that occur with age.
7. For people who work in front of a computer for long periods of time, drinking this juice regularly will moisten your eyes and help you avoid irritation, fatigue, and dryness.
8. The combination of the vitamins and nutrients in these three foods is an excellent way to strengthen and stimulate the immune system. This is vital when it comes to fighting and preventing diseases, allergies, and infections.
9. The drink acts as a natural detoxifier that promotes blood purification and the elimination of toxins. As a result, the production of red blood cells, that carry oxygen to all of our body parts, increases – making sure our entire body stays healthy and ‘fed’.
10. Women with intense menstrual symptoms can drink this juice to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and prevent menstrual cramps.