A priceless fish has been stolen, and the detectives, after much work, have decided it was stolen by the owner of one of 5 houses. They cannot choose the wrong house or they might alert the thief. Can you help them locate the person who has the fish?
- There are 5 houses in five different colors.
- In each house lives a person of a different nationality.
- These five owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet.
- No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or drink the same beverage.
- The Brit lives in the red house.
- The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
- The Dane drinks tea.
- The green house is on the left of the white house.
- The green house's owner drinks coffee.
- The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
- The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
- The man living in the center house drinks milk.
- The Norwegian lives in the first house.
- The man who smokes blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
- The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
- The owner who smokes BlueMaster drinks beer.
- The German smokes Prince.
- The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
- The man who smokes blend has a neighbor who drinks water.
Watch this video to get a step-by-step solution!