Located just below our right-hand rib cage, our liver plays a crucial role in many essential bodily functions of the body, such as producing bile that reduces the amount of fat in the body. It maintains our sugar, fat and iron levels, and is also involved in the production of protein.
• Yellowing of the skin
• Upper right side abdominal tenderness
• Dry mouth
• Weight gain
• Dark urine
• Loss of appetite
• Vomiting blood
• Breast development in males
• Weight loss
• Enlarged liver
• Joint aches
Main Causes of Liver Disease:
- Lack of sleep at night (sleeping more in the morning, less at night).
- High consumption of food in a single sitting.
- Inability to urinate in the morning.
- Consumption of too many artificial preservatives and sweeteners.
- Consumption of fried food when tired.
- Hepatitis A, B or E infection.
- Autoimmune diseases that attack liver cells and cause inflammation.
- Alcohol abuse can directly cause liver inflammation.
Recommended Home Remedies for Treating Liver Disease:
This is a cleansing remedy that will help flush out toxins from inside the liver. Drinking it before meals will help you maintain a healthy level of body fat.
Take one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and mix it with a glass of water, then add one teaspoon of honey and mix again. Drink this concoction three times a day to really cleanse your liver.
A few more tips for taking care of your liver
~ Drink green tea every day. It contains catechins that aid the function of the liver.
~ Physical activity, even mild, will reduce your toxin levels through perspiration and keep your body fit.
~ Drink a lot of water. It's always a healthy choice and it will flush the toxins out of your system.
~ Eating apples and leafy vegetables is a good idea, as they also help flush out toxins from the body.
~ Avoid alcohol like the plague.
~ Avocados and walnuts also offer protection against liver disorders.