Bananas are good for your health, as they are a superfood that can help fight many different diseases and ailments. Most of us, after having eaten a banana, will throw away the peel. However, the peel can be very beneficial and should be added to your beauty regime. A banana peel is full of antioxidants, antibacterial, antifungal, and enzymatic properties that can be put to great use. Furthermore, they are high in vitamins B6, B12, magnesium, and potassium. This abundance of nutrients makes them an essential item in your beauty routine.
Below are 10 amazing beauty uses for banana peels.
1. Whiten Teeth
If you want a pearly white smile, do not throw your banana peel away. The peel contains citric acid, which can help get rid of any yellow stains on your teeth.
Furthermore, the peel has plaque-busting salicylic acid that will not damage your tooth enamel and even supports healthy teeth.
Use this simple trick whenever you feel the need to whiten your teeth:
1. Rub the soft inside of a fresh peel on your teeth for around 2 minutes.
2. After you have done this, brush your teeth with toothpaste to remove the residue.
3. Repeat once a day for a couple of weeks to remove the stains.
2. Dissolve Warts
Banana peels have antioxidants and various enzymes that can safely get rid of warts - they even help fight off the wart-causing virus.
1. Cut a bit of banana peel that is slightly larger than your wart.
2. Place the inside of the peel against the wart.
3. Secure it in place using some tape or a bandage.
4. Leave it there overnight.
5. Remove peel the next morning.
6. Repeat this for a few weeks, or until the wart has gone.
A banana peel is an excellent way to cure pimples and acne. The reason for this is that the peel acts as a natural exfoliating agent to remove any toxins from pores, which, in turn, treats and reduces the risk of acne. Its abundance of antioxidants also helps to fight the germs that cause acne.
1. Wash your skin with cold water, then pat dry with a towel.
2. Massage the affected area with the inside of a banana peel for around 5 minutes.
3. Wait around 20 minutes so that the skin has a chance to absorb the nutrients, then rinse off using cold water.
4. Repeat this procedure 3 or 4 times a day.
4. Reduce Blemishes
The vitamins A, B, C, and E that are present in banana peels help to treat skin blemishes.
1. Gently rub the white fiber from a piece of banana peel on the blemish for 5-10 minutes.
2. Leave the remaining fiber on your skin for around 20 minutes.
3. Repeat 2-3 times a day until the blemish has gone.
5. Remove Splinters
Banana peels can be very effective when it comes to removing splinters. This is because the enzymes present in the peel help to soften the skin, which makes it easier to pluck the splinter out. They also help to heal the wound.
1. Cut a small piece of fresh banana peel.
2. Place it over the splinter (with the inside against the skin).
3. Secure it in place with a bandage or some gauze tape.
4. Leave overnight.
5. The next morning, remove the splinter using some tweezers.
As we all know, mosquito and other insect bites cause a lot of itchiness. You can get rid of this itchiness by using banana peels as they help draw the fluid out of the bite. Furthermore, the polysaccharides present in the peel seep into the skin cells surrounding the bite and halt any inflammation and swelling in a matter of minutes.
1. Massage the inside of a banana peel on the affected area for 5 minutes.
2. Wait for 15 minutes, then rinse the area with cold water.
3. Repeat if needed.
7. Remove Skins Tags
If you have an ugly skin tag that you want to get rid of, then use a banana peel as they contain enzymes which help dissolve skin tags.
1. Cut a piece of banana peel which will cover your skin tag completely.
2. Place the white bit of the peel on the skin tag and secure it with tape.
3. Leave it overnight.
4. Remove the tape and peel and rinse the next morning.
5. Do this each day until the skin tags drops off.
8. Diminish Wrinkles and Fine Lines
Banana peels can reduce fine lines and wrinkles. The peels contain lutein, an antioxidant that delays the signs of aging.
1. Rub the inside of a banana peel over your face and leave it for 20-30 minutes.
2. Rinse it off with warm water.
3. Do this once a day.
Psoriasis, a chronic skin disease that leaves dry patches on different parts of the body that can become very itchy, can also be treated using banana peels.
The peel is full of antioxidants that help protect the skin against sun damage. To add to this, the fatty acids present also help to keep the skin hydrated to reduce dryness and itchiness.
1. Massage the inside of a banana peel on the affected area and leave for 30 minutes.
2. Rinse it off with cold water.
3. Repeat twice a day.
10. Soothe Puffy Eyes
The potassium present in banana peel helps reduce under-eye bags and puffiness.
1. Collect the white fiber from the inside of the peel by scraping a spoon along the surface.
2. Mix this fiber with 1 to 2 tablespoons of pure Aloe Vera gel to form a smooth paste.
3. Gently apply this paste around the eyes.
4. Wait 15 minutes, then wash it off with cold water.
5. Repeat if needed.
If you liked this, then make sure you check out our collection on: