Have you ever thought about using an essential oil diffuser to improve your health? The health benefits are bountiful - from increasing your energy, to helping you sleep better and more. As you're about to discover, its list of possible uses is quite extensive. Let's take a look at the top 10 reasons you ought to have an essential oil diffuser, and why you should use it every day.
1. Use it to help you relax and sleep better: Upon coming home from a hard day at work, add an essential oil blend to your diffuser, helping you to relax and unwind. Set one on the bedside table, easing your body and mind, and thus promoting better sleep.
Use chamomile, lavender or clary sage essential oils.
2. Use it to elevate your mood: Various essential oils may also be used to boost your mood. In fact, a diffuser may be used to set a positive atmosphere in a room, and may also be used at social gatherings, or to help get you moving on a slow morning.
Use sweet orange, jasmine, rose, scotch pine, sandalwood or vanilla essential oils.
3. Use it to ward off illness: Be it in the office or at home, a diffuser is a great way to keep cold, flu and other illnesses at bay. Essential oils are anti-microbial - when introduced into the air in vapor form, they first come into direct contact with airborne pathogens (a biological agent that causes disease or illness to its host) before coming in contact with the body.
Essential oils also help boost the immune system. Furthermore, some diffusers double up as humidifiers, helping to keep your airways moist and healthy, so that you are less susceptible to any microbes that do make it into your body.
Use tea tree, sage, rosemary, grapefruit, lemon and thyme essential oils.
To discover more about how essential oils may be used to beat a cold, click here.
4. Use it to help you breathe easier: Essential oils make for the perfect remedy to reduce inflammation and congestion in clogged airways, helping you to breathe more easily. A diffuser may be used if you are especially prone to allergies or other breathing disorders.
Use peppermint, rosemary, lemon and eucalyptus essential oils.
5. Use it to relieve pain: To help ease pain, essential oils may be used directly on the skin, but you may also use a diffuser to extend their effects. This method is great at combating persistent pain, particularly headaches, sore joints or overworked muscles.
Use ginger, chamomile, lavender, eucalyptus, clary sage, rosemary, bergamot.
To discover more about how essential oils may be used to alleviate pain, click here.
6. Use it to improve cognitive function: Using essential oils in a diffuser is an effective way to charge your brain cells. Essential oils not only have the ability to reduce the effects of stress, they can also serve as a great pick-me-up when you're feeling down or sluggish. They have the ability to level out your mood and can balance the body's hormones. Using essential oils regularly can help you heal the underlying causes responsible for hampering cognitive function.
Use peppermint, eucalyptus, lemon and pine.
7. Use a diffuser as a safer alternative to candles and incense: Burning candles or incense can be potentially hazardous to pets or children, but an essential oil diffuser will still help you reap the benefits without the risk of burns, wax spills or other accidents.
Any essential oils may be used as an alternative to candles and incense.
8. Use it to repel insects: Essential oils may be used to deter mosquitoes, house flies or moths, keeping them from entering your home.
Use clove, lemongrass, rosemary and cedarwood.
9. Use a diffuser to keep you cool: A diffuser may be used to create a crisp, cool and minty scent in the room, helping you beat the heat.
Opt for peppermint, eucalyptus, spearmint and wintergreen essential oils.
10. Use it to help you save money: While a diffuser works wonders on your health and well-being, one of its most essential and versatile uses lies in the eventual lead to less doctor visits, lower electric bills, fewer cups of coffee and better productivity!