1. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper, place a wire rack over the top and set aside.
2. Next, use a sieve to sieve through the confectioners’ sugar, placing a medium-sized bowl underneath. Add four tablespoons of water and stir until the icing takes on a thick, even consistency. Add more confectioners’ sugar after sieving if the mixture appears to be too thin. On the other hand, if the mixture is too thick, add water by the drop and stir. Set aside once you’re done.
3. Trim all the crust off the pound cakes with a serrated knife. Then, slice them into 1-inch-thick slices. Try using an exaggerated sawing motion for the smoothest cut. Transfer the slices to the wire rack.
4. Drizzle the glaze (icing) over each slice with a teaspoon, then cover any remaining exposed parts (such as the sides).
5. Use an off-set tweezer to place a single pearlized spinkle (or sugar pearl) in the center of each petit four slice. Leave the slices to set in a cool, dry place for at least an hour.
6. Arrange on a platter in a single layer and serve.
Here’s a video of the recipe in action:
Content and Image Source: Tip Hero