Hair loss is a major concern among women. The last thing any woman wants to see is a clump of hair stuck to a brush or clogging the drains of the bathroom sink. Although hair loss may be hereditary, there are still several natural hair treatments you can prepare in your own home.
Here are the top 10 hair masks that will rejuvenate your hair and prevent hair loss:
1) Banana Mask - Bananas are high in potassium, provide a quick boost of energy, and help in treating hair loss.
How to Prepare the Banana Mask: You will need 2 bananas, a tablespoon of coconut oil, a tablespoon of olive oil, and a tablespoon of honey.
2) Avocado Mask - Avocados naturally heal the hair and skin. The Avocado mask is ideal for preventing dandruff, flakes and dry hair.
How to Prepare the Avocado Mask: You will need a single ripe avocado, half a cup of milk, a tablespoon of olive oil, and a tablespoon of almond oil.
3) Green Tea Mask - Green tea is well known for its powerful antioxidants, and it can also help stimulate hair growth in women.
How to Prepare the Green Tea Mask: You're going to need a single egg yolk, and two tablespoons of green tea powder for this mask.
4) Strawberry Mask - Strawberries contain vitamins B5, B6, and folic acid, which help keep hair naturally moisturized.
How to Prepare the Strawberry Mask: Take a few fresh strawberries, a tablespoon of coconut oil, a touch of honey, and mix together in a bowl.
5) Rosemary Oil Mask - Rosemary is used to prevent hair loss, and rejuvenates the hair follicles. It's recommended to apply the mask at night.
How to Prepare the Rosemary Oil Mask: You'll need 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 5 drops of rosemary oil in a bowl.
6) The Egg Mask - Egg protein is essential for hair growth, since the egg protein helps rebuild keratin protein, which strengthens hair follicles.
How to Prepare the Egg Mask: The ingredients here include an uncooked egg, a cup of milk, two tablespoons of lemon juice, and some olive oil.
7) Yogurt Mask - Curd inside the yogurt provides you hair with a natural conditioner, which turns your scalp from dandruff-ridden to a head full of silky smooth hair.
How to Prepare the Yogurt Mask: You're going to need a cup of yogurt, a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a tablespoon of honey to make the mask.
8) Castor Oil and Brandy Mask - Castor oil contains anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that help protect against folliculitis.
How to Prepare the Castor Oil and Brandy Mask: You're going to need two tablespoons of castor oil with an additional two tablespoons of brandy, and an egg.
9) Curry Leaves and Coconut Mask - Curry leaves are not only a staple of traditional Indian cuisine, but are also used for repairing damaged hair roots.
How to Prepare the Curry Leaves and Coconut Mask: You'll need several fresh curry leaves and a few tablespoons of coconut oil to prepare the mix.
10) Vitamin E Capsule Mask - The antioxidants found inside vitamin E help build damaged follicles. You can purchase Vitamin E capsules from any local health store.
How to Prepare the Vitamin E Capsule Mask: The ingredients needed to prepare the mask are a combination of almond oil, castor oil, coconut oil, lavender oil and crushed Vitamin E capsules, which can be stored in a bottle. Grape seed oil may be substituted for normal hair, sesame oil for oily hair and carrot oil for dry hair follicles.