You may not have heard of thieves oil, but it has a long history and a variety of uses that are worthwhile knowing about. Thieves oil dates back to 15th century Europe to the era when the Black Plague swept the continent. It was called 'thieves oil' because there were thieves who preyed upon the dead and dying out and somehow never became infected. It was discovered that many bands of thieves used a special concoction made of aromatic herbs that warded off the plague.
Today, thieves oil still has a variety of uses and benefits to your health. The oil is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-septic and anti-fungal and can be used to treat nearly all of your ailments. Here's how to make it:
1 tablespoon clove essential oil
1 tablespoon lemon essential oil
2 teaspoons cinnamon bark essential oil
2 teaspoons eucalyptus essential oil
2 teaspoons rosemary essential oil
1 small brown bottle with a dropper
Mix all of these ingredients together with about 2 tablespoons of melted virgin coconut oil or olive oil in the brown bottle.
If you can't be bothered to make the oil, you can usually find Thieves Oil already blended and ready to use.
Now for the many uses of Thieves Oil:
1. Apply 1-3 drops to open wounds or cuts to prevent infection and to promote healing.
2. For a sore throat, mix the oil with a tablespoon of warm water, gargle and swallow.
3. Rub some of the oil on your chest if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms or want to protect against the cold.
4. Use the oil as a natural hand sanitizer.
5. Make a disinfecting spray by adding 3 drops of oil to 3 ounces of water in a spray bottle.
6. Put a drop on your thumb and apply to the roof of your mouth to cure a headache.
7. Put a couple of drops on the soles of your feet as another measure to protect against colds and flu.
8. Apply to bee and wasp stings to neutralize the toxin and ease the pain.
9. Apply to gums to prevent and treat gum disease. You can also rub it around your tongue or gargle some in your mouth to maintain healthy teeth and reduce cavities.
10. Diffuse about 3 drops of the oil in a diffuser in your home or office daily for 15-20 minutes to solve mold problems.
11. Put a drop of oil on the tip of your tongue to help you stop smoking.
There are a number of other uses for this miracle oil, so make sure to get your hands on a bottle (or make a batch at home)!
For more in health - click here>>