It’s always fun to dig up pictures from the past, be it early photos, the 1st versions of popular tech devices, or historical milestones captured on film. After all, vintage photos can reveal the most incredible details about the world of the distant past. In this article, we’d like to take a deep dive into one specific subject - futuristic inventions. Let’s see how the people of the past imagined the life of future generations and find out whether some of their imaginative predictions actually came true with these 25 vintage pictures.
1. A helicopter cab, something we really need in big cities these days with all that traffic
2. This is how people imagined the fashion of 1950 in 1914, the cover of Life Magazine
3. An illustration from the 1940s depicting home shopping
4. Glasses with a built-in radio, a 1972 illustration from a Soviet magazine
5. A version of a 1930 StreamLine KJ Henderson motorcycle
6. An unfinished prototype of the Nazi all-wing jet aircraft called the Horten Ho 229 V3
7. A 1934 illustration of the mobile home of tomorrow, a truly catastrophic idea
8. A Space Age desk design by Jean Leleu, 1969
9. A railplane system designed in 1930 by George Bennie
10. Well-rounded living it is! Another mobile home design featured on the 'Science and Mechanics' magazine cover, 1961
11. A flying bus concept from 1946
12. A 1949 photo of the Tomorrow-Cycle, the supposed bicycle of the future
Please check your SPAM folder. We will continue to send you emails from now on. If you are still not receiving our emails, please let us know by clicking on the "Contact Us" button located on the top bar of our website and filling the contact form.
The new BabaMail app is now available at the app stores.