Statistics have the reputation of being really boring, but we must disagree with that sentiment. In fact, if you package statistical information right, in an instant, they can become fascinating, fun and super useful, as proven by these maps. What do you think, which U.S. state is the healthiest? Now, which is the most religious one, or the cheapest one to live in?
Learn these and many other useful and fun facts about the population in each state with the help of these handy maps.
1. Wow, who knew there are so many German speakers in the US? And some of these other popular languages we can't even pronounce...
2. Which states are at the top in terms of well being?
3. The Liams and Olivias overwhelm the entire U.S. territory
4. I had no idea people in the same amount of states self-identify as being of English descent as Italian
5. This one's pretty difficult to unpack, but very interesting
6. The majority of the states are pretty religious
7. As expected, life in major cities is the most expensive
8. The majority of American families have 2 kids
9. Which other nationalities live and work in different states?
10. Luckily, the proportion of men and women is around 50/50 in each state
11. I had no idea that the minimum wage fluctuates so much from one state to another
12. Here's how many people live in each area of the United States per square mile
13. The percentage of Americans who got a college education is quite high throughout the country
14. It's uncanny that forest and conservation workers in California get the lowest salary in the state
15. I had a hunch that airline pilots are one of the most well-paid specialists, and it's true
16. Finally, the chart we've all been waiting for...