Are you sick and tired of the usual cookie recipes? Do you feel like trying something new and spoiling your family with something tasty and special looking? We invite you to check out these two-colored cookies which will fill your kitchen with a delicious scent and won't even make it to your cookie jar!
Time: 15 minutes
1. Preheat your oven to 320 °F (160 °C) and line a pan in baking paper.
2. Add all the dough ingredients to the mixer bowl, except for the cocoa powder, and stir until smooth dough is reached.
3. Divide the dough into two equal parts.
4. Now return one part of the dough to the mixer bowl and add in the cocoa powder. Turn on the mixer and knead until the dough turns a uniform brown.
5. Wrap both dough balls in saran wrap and cool in the freezer for about 10 minutes, then roll each ball into a long snake about 2 centimeters thick. Cut each snake into 2 cm pieces and roll them into balls, making sure that the number of white balls is equal to the brown balls.
6. After rolling both doughs into smaller balls, place a white ball on your work surface followed by a brown ball. Then place a white ball and then a brown ball and repeat again with a third ball of the two colors to form a hoop or a flower.
7. Now press the dough with both thumbs and two fingers and tighten the balls together.
8. Place the dough on the palm of your hand and roll the dough in one direction in a circular motion until you create a ball with two slightly mixed colors that looks like a rose or a spiral.
9. Place the cookie on the pan and continue to do the same with the rest of the dough.
10. Place the pan in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the white dough turns golden, remove from the oven and cool before serving.
Instead of coloring one part of the dough with cocoa powder, you can use instant coffee powder instead or natural food coloring to create other color combinations.
image source: i.pinimg