Banana Pancakes (Makes 8)
• 4 3/4 oz of self-raising flour
• 1 1/4 oz of castor sugar
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 egg
• 4 1/2 fl oz of milk
• 1 1/4 oz of butter, melted
• 2 bananas, roughly mashed
• 1 pinch of salt
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, milk, melted butter and bananas.
3. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. Add a tablespoon of oil to a non-stick frying pan and place over medium heat.
5. Using a ladle, pour a little bit of the mixture into the pan. You should be able to fit 3 at a time depending on the size of pan that you're using.
6. Cook until bubbles start to form in the pancakes and the undersides are a lovely golden brown.
7. Carefully flip the pancakes and cook until browned well on both sides.
8. Serve right away with your choice of fruit, honey or cream.
Get free access To all the posts in our new app!