Broccoli and cheddar are two ingredients that go incredibly well together. Add some quinoa to the mix and you've got a delicious protein-packed snack that'll make for the perfect side dish. They are incredibly easy to make too, take a look at the video below:
Ingredients: (Makes 36)
• ¾ cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
• 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 2 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped
• 1 cup diced onion
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, plus a little extra for the top
1. Cook the quinoa with the vegetable broth in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then turn down to low and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the liquid is evaporated and the quinoa is tender.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Meanwhile, spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray.
3. In a large mixing bowl, stir together all of the ingredients until combined.
4. Scoop tablespoonfuls of the mixture into the muffin tins. Sprinkle a little extra cheddar on top of each quinoa bite.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until browned.