There are a lot of incredible things in the world, and photography brings them closer to us. There are natural wonders, scientific innovations, beautiful pieces of art sourced from vivid imaginations and strange quirks that make life a little more interesting. This photo collection brings together some rare and unusual sights that you probably haven't seen before!
1. If you think this is a chameleon, look more closely. It's actually two painted people!
2. This is what a 1-liter (2-pint) bottle looks like before it is heated and molded into shape.
3. What a human sees vs. what a cat sees.
4. Nothing to see here - just a turtle hitching a ride on a jellyfish...
5. The huge, glowing Fukang meteorite found in China.
6. This is just one picture, not four fused together. Incredible use of forced perspective!
7. The internal mechanism of a watch made by Patek Philippe , with all its intricacies.
8. This is what the human jaw looks like before we lose our milk teeth.
9. Perfect cubes of Pyrite: These are natural, not man-made.
10. The lizard that managed to shed the skin on his head in one, clean attempt.
11. When a sunset and an eclipse happen at the same time.
12. Creative ways to use rail carriages as bridges. Enter at one end, leave at the other.
13. The International Space Station captures the Atlantis shuttle taking off.
14. The 3D cast that could revolutionize healing. It uses ultrasound to help broken bones recover 40% quicker.
15. Giant sword memorial in Stavanger, Norway.
16. This is what grass looks after being struck by lightning.
17. A loaf of art, where each slice is worth $5000 dollars
18. An imaginative pencil sketch of a wave.