Tea tree oil comes in a pint-sized bottle, but it’s much more powerful than its diminutive size lets on. This essential oil is extracted from an Australian plant and is a natural antiseptic, reduces infections and treats many ailments. It also works wonders with cleaning and sterilizing items around the house. Today you'll learn at least 14 different ways you can use this cure-all essential oil.
1. A clean home - Keep your household sparkling with this natural all-purpose cleaner. Mix two cups of water with two teaspoons of tea tree oil and store in a spray bottle. It cleans many surfaces without staining, and, in fact, lifts stains. It leaves materials such as wood, linoleum, stone, and ceramics sparkling.
2. Remove mildew and mold - Mildew and mold sprout quickly and can become a problem fast. Tea tree oil has antifungal properties and cleaning the affected area with it can not only superficially remove the dirt but also kill off the underlying bacteria, ensuring that the mold doesn’t come back. Mix one cup apple cider vinegar with a few drops of oil.
3. Fresh laundry – You can happily dismiss the overpriced, chemical detergents that can be hard on clothing material and embrace tea tree oil. Keep your laundry soft and give it a lovely fresh and natural scent. Use or make unprocessed laundry soap along with 2-3 drops of tea tree oil, which has antifungal and antibacterial properties that can quickly disinfect fabric dirt.
4. Eliminate unpleasant odors - Often unwanted odorous smells float around the home and it’s hard to determine where they’re coming from. Get rid of these unpleasant smells by spraying with an essential oil mix. Mix a spray bottle with water and several drops of this oil. It works well on litter boxes and garbage bins. Since tea tree oil is antiseptic, it disinfects the sprayed areas too.
|5. Keep your toothbrush clean – Your toothbrush helps keep your mouth germ free but since it’s often wet, damp or warm it’s logical that bacteria and other germs might form on it. Tea tree oil can sterilize your toothbrush from unwanted germs that might stick to the bristles or handle. Apply two drops of the oil to the brush and rub clean with your finger. Afterwards rinse the brush thoroughly.|
6. Treat acne - Get rid of unpleasant skin blemishes with tea tree oil without any ill side effects. Many treatments for acne use peroxide, which dries the skin. Tea tree oil doesn’t strip the natural oils from the skin so you won’t experience dryness. Apply the oil to a cotton ball and use this to treat acne or pimples.
7. Relieve the suffering caused by boils and blisters - Reduce the period of time you suffer from these uncomfortable skin problems with some tea tree oil. When applied daily, this essential oil speeds up the recovery time and can offer soothing relief. Dip a cotton ball in the oil and apply this directly to the boil or blister. You can repeat this treatment 3 to 5 times a day. The oil’s antiseptic properties also reduce your chances of the blisters or boils becoming more infected.
8. Get rid of warts - Warts are uncomfortable and embarrassing. Luckily you don’t have to live with them. Apply two drops of the oil directly on the wart, once in the morning and once before bed. You can cover the area with a bandage to ensure the oil stays in place.
9. Relieve symptoms of ringworm - Ringworm is another skin ailment that causes intense itching. Use tea tree oil to relieve the itching sensation. Apply a couple of drops directly to the affected area and do this three times a day. If you have sensitive skin, mix the tea tree oil with clove oil. The oil’s antifungal and antibacterial properties can also fight this bacterial skin infection.
May also interest you:
10. Soothe sunburn - Sunburn is an unfortunate pain that just won’t quit. Sooth the stinging sensation it causes with this natural relief. Create a paste of 1 drop tea tree oil with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and massage onto the burning area. The tea tree oil helps remove the sting, and can reduce any blistering or peeling.
11. Soothe psoriasis - This itchy skin condition can be treated with prescription medication, but sometimes these fail to fully keep the irritating symptoms from making life uncomfortable. You can soothe the scratching sensation with a tablespoon of clove oil mixed with 10 drops of tea tree oil. Gently massage this mixture into your skin. Apply three times a day to help reduce the painful itching.
Other aches or pains
12. Keep the bugs from biting - One of the annoyances of enjoying the great outdoors is that bugs think your skin and blood taste nice. While humans find tea tree oil pleasant, insects can’t stand the smell. Prevent bugs from attacking your skin by creating a natural repellent. Combine one quart of water with 15 drops of tea tree oil. You can store this mixture in a spray bottle and periodically spray yourself. You’ll find yourself enjoying a bug-free outdoor experience.
13. Help with an earache - Earaches are painful and hard to treat. They can make it difficult to sleep or concentrate during the day. This soothing essential oil can help with this. Warm two tablespoons of the oil and drop them into your ear. You will notice an immediate difference. Make sure not to overheat the water as you don’t want to burn your inner ear. You can apply this treatment several times during the day, repeating as necessary.
14. Nail fungus killer – Tea tree oil can naturally kill the fungus associated with athlete’s foot, nail fungus or eczema. Cut and file down the nail, and clean the affected area thoroughly. Apply the oil directly. This treatment will not work in one day and so you need to apply it twice a day for up to two months. After the oil dries up, you can apply a paste of cornstarch on the affected area to prevent the fungus from spreading.
Email image: freedigitalphotos.net