Brainteasers are a great way to sharpen your mental acuity! Many times, due to the way our brains function, we see what we want to see and hear what we want to hear. But these brainteasers will challenge you to think outside of the box and test how far your logic can stretch.
Image: digitalart/ freedigitalphotos.net
Enjoy solving these challenging brain puzzles. The answer for each one is only a click away, but don't peek until you have taken a guess!
1. Johnny's mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child's name?
2. A clerk at a butcher shop stands five feet ten inches tall and wears size 13 sneakers. What does he weigh?
3. Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?
Image: Vichaya Kiatying-Angsulee/ freedigitialphotos.netVichaya Kiatying-Angsulee/ freedigitialphotos.net
4. How much dirt is there in a hole that measures two feet by three feet by four feet?
5. Mary was born on December 28th, yet her birthday always falls in the summer. How is this possible?
6. In British Columbia, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not?
7. If you were running a race and passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?
8. Which is correct to say: "The yolk of the egg is white" or "The yolk of the egg are white"?
Image: jiggoja/ freedigitalphotos.net
9. A farmer has five haystacks in one field and four in another. How many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in one field?
10. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raining fire. The second is full of assassins with loaded guns. The third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?
11. What is black when you buy it, red when you used it, and grey when you throw it away?
12. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Wednesday, Friday or Sunday?
Image: phanlop88/ freedigitalphotos.net