A fever is when the body's temperature rises beyond what is healthy. This can be caused by infection or disease of certain types. Although there are times when it's best to let the body deal with it, a fever is an uncomfortable thing to say the least. So before you run out and get those pills, here are some natural remedies that have been sworn to work:
1. Take 7-8 leaves of basil and 3-4 grains of black pepper and chew them together. The two spices are very good at lowering fever.
2. Soak basil leaves in boiling water and drink 3-4 times a day, until the fever comes down.
3. In a pot of water, mix a half spoon of cinnammon, 2 seeds of cardamom and two spoons of ginger powder. Bring to a boil, filter and drink.
4. Make a warm bath and add a few drops of vinegar.
5. Dip a towel in hot water, squeeze and put on your head. Wet the towel from time to time.
6. It's important to drink a lot of water during a fever, but we recommend boiling them first to prevent further contamination.
7. Drink a glass of milk, and better if it's whipped. You can whip it so: Take two glasses and pour milk to one, pass the milk between the glass vertically. Do so several times until it is whipped and then drink.
8. At night, go to sleep with warm clothes and a warm blanket. During sleep you may sweat, but don't take off the blanket. You need to let the body sweat. You'll need to keep drinking water over the night so as not to dehydrate, but it will help the fever come down. This works because the sweat expunges toxins from the body, so the more you sweat, the quicker you'll heal.
9. Mix 4-5 cups of vinegar and 2 cups of luke warm water in a bowl. Dip a cleantowel in the bowl and squeeze it. Tie the strap of cloth around your ankle.
10. Mix water and vinegar in equal amounts. Dip a cotton ball in the mix, squeeze and put on your forehead for several minutes.
11. Crush two teeth of garlic and mix with 2 table spoons of olive oil. Heat the mix and spread of both feet. Wrap with plastic wrap and stay like this for the night. Stay with it for an hour after you feel the fever come down.
12. Cut a potato into slices and dip each slice in vinegar for 10 minutes. Put the slices on your forhead and put a towel on top.
13. Drink a brew of boiling water with lemon, honey and ginger, several times a day.
14. Put half an onion on each ankle and tie with cloth.
15. Wear warm clothes and bundle up well. Boil water in a bowl and soak your feet for 20 minutes. Don't stop because you're sweating, because it's crucial for your fever drop. Just remember to drink lots of water.
16. Mix lemon juice with olive oil and smear it on your body.
17. Dip a pair of socks in white vinegar and put them on. Wrap the body in a warm blanket and rest.
18. Mix half a spoon of saffron in a glass of boiling water. Let it cool and take a spoon from the saffron mix every hour until the fever comes down.
19. Eat an orange. An orange gives you immediate energy, it makes you pee and stregthens the immune system. The grapefruit also has anti-feverish advantages, and so it is also recommended to mix half a cup of grapefruit juice with water and drink.
20. Eat green vegetables to detox your body, and avoid fatty or spicy foods that can elevate your temperature.