There are more than 14,000 ways to use salt, and some are still in use today. Before you are some of the best advice for efficient use of salt to resolve a number of different problems.
Important! If you are sensitive to salt, you must consult a doctor about the proper way of using it.
In the kitchen, more than a flavor enhancer...
* Boiling eggs in salty water will make sure that even if the eggs break, their insides will not escape, and you will be able to take off the shell with ease.
* To check if the egg is fresh, put it in a bowl filled with salty water. A fresh egg will sink, and the less fresh will float.
* Peeled apples, pears and potatoes won't blacken if you put them in cold, slightly salty, water.
* Have coffee or tea marks in your cups? You can remove them with a moist sponge and some salt water.
* Your glassware can go back to being shiny and transparent if you wash them with hot salt water and then with regular cold water.
* Using salt, you can easily clean the bottom of a burnt pot or pan - just put a thick layer of salt in the bottom, add a little water and leave the pot to stand for the night, and in the morning - boil the water.
* A combination of salt and baking soda will clean the fridge and remove odors.
* If you add just a tiny pinch of salt to your coffee it will improve the taste and counter the bitterness.
* If you add a tiny pinch of salt to milk it will stay fresh longer.
* There is a great Russian folk medicine: In case of food poisoning - drink vodka with salt. If you don't drink alcohol - drink a few glasses of water well salted, and then try to vomit them out. (This is NOT an alternative to medical treatment!)
* In case of a cold - Drink a bit of vodka with salt.
* If your blood pressure is down, quickly drinks a very salty glass of water.
* A good way to increase the amount of stomach acids for digestion: 5-30 minutes after eating, put 1-2 grams of sea or cooking salt on the edge of your tongue. After the salt melts, swallow the salty saliva in your mouth. Such a small amount of salt won't harm you but will cause an extra release of stomach acids.
* Salt is a great disinfectant - If you clean wounds with salt water soaked materials, they won't become inflamed.
* Granulomas of the tooth will be gone after 2 weeks of being cleaned with salt water.
* For tooth ache - Wash your mouth with salt water after every meal and before going to sleep.
* With pneumonia and strong coughing, place a washcloth soaked in salt water on the back of the person, in the area of the infection.
* Adenomas can be treated by holding down a cotton washcloth folded to four layers and soaked in salt water for 2 weeks time.
* Salt helps treat acne and boils. Use a little salt to put on a bandage and put it on the area for an hour. You can repeat the process a few times a day.
* When you have bruises, put compresses of salt and vinegar on them. They are also useful for treating headaches.
* To treat varicose veins - Use a compress of salt water on the problematic vein, and on that an elastic bandage. If you do this regularly, morning and evening, the veins will slowly return to normal.
* To treat foot fungus - Soak your feet for 5-10 minutes in a mixture of 2 table spoons of salt for every 0.5 liter of hot water. You can add some ground garlic to the mix. Repeat this until fully healed.
* After getting stung by a bee - Smear a bit of wet salt on the stung area, it will calm down the pain and the swelling.
* If you want smooth, healthy skin - Before showering, rub your body with a salt stone. In addition to a cosmetic treatment, you will also gain a medical benefit while ions of salt penetrate the skin and energize the body.
* A salt massage also helps to treat low blood pressure, chronic digestive problems, diabetes, and regular colds. That said there are also NEGATIVE side effects: Open wounds on the skin, rash or Eczema are possible.